Calpe boasts a great coastline made up (in the main) of sandy beaches. Please see below for more information on 2 of Calpe’s most popular spots: –
Playa La Fossa / La Fossa Beach
Playa La Fossa (also known as Playa Levante) is located between the Punta de Passetes and the Penon de Ifach and is one of Calpe’s most popular beachfront locations. Over 1 kilometre in length, the beach is made up of fine golden sand and is well looked after with numerous facilities. In the summer evenings an outdoor cinema even features here.
Facilities include; a promenade, provision for people with disabilities, water sports, sun beds, playground, sports area, numerous restaurants and cafes, parking, camping area, lifeguard, and regular police patrols.
Playa Arenal / Arenal Beach
Again made up of fine golden sand, Playa Arenal is very similar to Playa Levante. This urbanised beach is attractive, offering a range of facilities and leisure pursuits. The beach is well looked after and should be found in pristine condition year round.
Facilities include; a promenade, water sports, children’s play areas, ramps and provision for people with disabilities, numerous restaurants and cafes, parking, camping, life guards, and regular police patrols.
Take a walk along the promenade (Paseo Infanta Cristina) and you will find many restaurants and cafes.
You can enjoy a meal or drink overlooking the Playa la Fossa which is a lovely sandy beach.
On the other side of the rock is Playa Cantal Roig which has a lovely marina and a very narrow rocky beach. The promenade (Paseo Infanta Elena) runs from here to Playa Arenal-Bol and into the lovely old town.
Here are a list of the beaches in Calpe:
* Cove of Morelló: fine sand beach
* Calalga: sandy cove
* Cantal Roig: fine sand beach
* Beach of Mallorquí: small cove
* Beach of Penyal: sand beach near the Peñon of Ifach
* El Racó: gravel cove near the Peñon of Ifach
* Gasparet: gravel cove only accessible by boat
* La Manzanera: gravel beach between the town centre & Puerto Blanco
* Les Bassetes: fishing cove with sunbathing areas & swimming
* Les Urques: cove located near Puerto Blanco
* Beach of Arenal-Bol: large golden fine sand beach
* Levante beach: large golden fine sand
* Puerto Blanco: small sandy beach